Understand What Are The Benefits We Can Get From Having Dental Implants
Learn How Dental Implants Is Beneficial In Boosting Your Confidence and Getting Back Your Beautiful Smile
Having a missing or damaged tooth has functional and aesthetic consequences. It affects the quality of life. Not only does it make mundane functions such as chewing or eating a daunting and painful experience, but it can also turn you into a social recluse because of low self-esteem and loss of facial aesthetics due to structural deformation of the jaws. It also predisposes you to other dental diseases such as bleeding gums. However, there are dental implants benefits to help in restoring lost smiles and dental functionalities.
What Causes a Damaged Tooth
A fully formed dental formula has thirty-two teeth. However, not every teenager or adult is fortunate enough to have a full set of teeth. Some of the most prevalent causes of missing tooth including the following:
- Tooth Decay: Extensive tooth decay that extends to the root canal can lead to loss of teeth.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease can lead to the loss of tooth especially if it affects the root canal.
Accidents can lead to broken teeth and in some cases, the complete loss of one or more teeth. This can leave a gap in the dental formula with numerous consequences.
- Hypodontia: Caused by both genetical and environmental factors, hypodontia is a developmental anomaly marked by children being born with one or more missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Due to technological advancements, people with missing, decaying or broken teeth have a second chance at having a full dental formula. They can have fully functional teeth in the form of dental implants which mimic natural teeth functionally and structurally. The benefits of dental implants encompass both aesthetics and functionalities.
- Lifetime Durability: Implants last a lifetime because the titanium used to make them are stable. They are also bio-compatible hence easily integrates into the jawbone without the risk of toxicity and tissue rejection.
- Protection of Jawbone: Bio-compatibility of implants also allows for natural bone growth around the jawbone area while also preventing jawbone disintegration through wear and tear during chewing. They protect the bony ridges from rubbing against the remaining teeth.
- Prevention of Dental Diseases: The gap left behind by a missing tooth harbors bacteria which thrives in the morsels of the food trapped inside. Even with proper teeth cleaning practices, you’ll still be left at a higher risk of suffering from gum diseases which can leave you with more missing teeth.
- Stabilizing of Teeth: By preventing the sagging of the teeth and securing the jawbone, implants prevent remaining adjacent teeth from shifting from their position thereby leading to other dental complications including temporomandibular joint disorder, migraines, and health complications.
- Preservation of Jawbone Structure: Having implants can be the difference between having a wrinkled and sagging face and a well-positioned facial structure and features including lips, nose, mouth, and chin. Therefore, dental implants benefits are not only confined to retaining natural jawbone and facial structure but also maintaining your beauty.
- Retention of Teeth Functionality: Implants mimic natural teeth and are functionally equivalent to natural teeth.
Whether you lost a tooth accidentally, due to dental disease or you were born with a missing tooth, it doesn’t lessen the discomfort of having a missing tooth. It’s a harrowing experience with physical, psychological and health consequences.